Wednesday, August 5, 2015

And So It Grows

We have all come to the conclusion that I am terrible and keeping up on these blog posts...afterall it has been nearly a year since my last. And what a year that has been.
At this point it is well known that the Fab 4 is no more for we have become the Fab 5. Deryk and I welcomed Natalee into the world in June. She is perfect with her firey red hair and spirit to match! We are all just completely smitten. Even Jaxon. It has taken him the full 6 weeks to get that way mind you but he too loves our new gift.

As my maternity leave is on the down sloap of heading back to the daily grind, I am somewhat out of sorts. I know that my children get the very best care they could possibly get when not with Deryk and I. We are so blessed that they get to play with their Beppe (Deryk's mom) every single day. But you see, I have been SPOILED! Not only have I had the  chance to recover from the 9 month toll and traumatic even of delivery, but I have bonded with this tiny package full of a huge amount of life. Just as significant to me are the moments I have had with Jaxon, that I miss out on. Not only does our Miss Natalee change from day to day but this Baby Boy of mine has changed into something, not much of a baby at all right before my very eyes!

I've changed lots of diapers the last 6 weeks but I have also taken hundreds of pictures, read a million books and drove hot wheels for thousands of miles through the livingroom floor and over tables and legs and heads...

I've been reminded this week that life can at times be very short. Too short it would seem. So, every diaper, every selfie, every page, and every mile did not go untreasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change, it is a comin.

So, anyone else feel like maybe they are over all this COVID-19 2020 craziness ? Yeah me too.  This year is three fourths of the way over an...