Here I am. Four long days from my due date and I find myself starving to hold my little baby boy. I know that most or many of you have the opinion that first babies are always late. I've been told a million times the last several weeks. However, this is not the trend in my family. You may think I'm impatient... I have waited a long time for this blessing and I am so excited that Good is trusting us with this little life. I think what others don't get is that it is not just me who is ready for Jaxon and his perfect timing. I don't want to have to decide what day he arrives... What if I pick the wrong day... What if he comes on Christmas day and Sam doesn't get to have Christmas morning in her jammies waking up to stockings over flowing and presents under the tree. Sure it could all happen the 26th or 27th, or even at the hospital. Will that make Christmas extra special for her, for all of us, or will she feel cheated? On the other hand Jesus' is pretty hard to compete with when it comes to birthdays...But ironically beautiful symbolism.
As Deryk and I approach our 40 week appointment pray that we make the best choices and find great place in God's timing. Daddy is way better at this than Mommy is :)
No comments:
Post a Comment