Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mary Did You Know?

It's been weeks since I've managed to sit down and blog about our twisted journey but today I was overwhelmed by a mommy moment. We find ourselves slipping into 38 weeks smoothly... as smoothly as the previous weeks. Our family is both excited and I think maybe a little shocked at how quickly time has flown.

This weekend Deryk and I have had the chance to have several little moments,  just us. I needed this time to remember that although our time together is going to be different we are still a team, lovers, besties, and parents.
Catching Fire
 
 
I had a silly list...a list of things that I really needed to have done before our little man made his grand entrance into our world. First on the list was to have my bag packed. I'm sure there are many things that I'm forgetting but I feel better having undies and my own shampoo.
 
 
Next on the list was to have our Christmas tree up. We can't have a Christmas baby with no tree or host family Christmas with no tree.  (And of course the "God Family")
 

 
Thirdly I wanted to have Jaxon 's room in perfect shape.
 

Well, today as I was working on #3 of the list and humming Christmas carols to my little man in uterno, I thought of Mary. You know of her,  Jesus'  momma. I thought about how terrified she was yet how honored,  how unworthy she must have felt yet thrilled. As I worry about clothes being in the right drawer,  or if pictures are hung in just the right spot,  while daddy hangs Christmas lights on the house,  I wonder if Mary and Joseph did the same things in the stable?
 
 
I wonder if Mary fluffed the straw in the manger to make it as fit for A King as she could? I wonder if Joseph mucked the stall where he thought Mary would deliver?  As I putter around trying to make everything just so,  I can't help but wonder if these first time parents wanted the same thing...after all they were about to bring the Messiah into the world!  I think this is the first time I ever thought about what must have been going through Mary's mind other than feeling unworthy and fearful!
 

Perhaps this is why we are being blessed with a Christmas baby...to have more perspective,  more gratitude for the gifts that we have been given.

Merry Christmas to each of you and a very blessed season of joy from some very excited Fabers!

1 comment:

  1. awww I love this :) Goosebumps thinking how fun it is for you to relate so well to Jesus' momma :)

    ReplyDelete

Change, it is a comin.

So, anyone else feel like maybe they are over all this COVID-19 2020 craziness ? Yeah me too.  This year is three fourths of the way over an...