Deryk and I have been on a Twisted Journey of FAITH for a very long time. As many of you know, I had been praying that Christ would send me a Godly Man. A Godly Man that would be the head of my household, my knight in shining armor, my rock.
At one point I felt broken, unworthy, that everything that I had dreamed of being a wife and having that true companion was nonexistent, impossible, and had already slipped through my fingers. Eventually I reached another point. One of Faith. One that I found after hours of conversation with Christ where I truly believed that Christ wired me to be a wife, and he wouldn't have wired me that way, had he not intended me to become one. One of peace. One where I could actually hear Him telling me to just...wait.
It wasn't but days after that, I reconnected with that tall red-headed boy who I met at Jefferson Elementary, while in Mrs Winblad's 5th Grade class, the one with a similar pencil collection, the one who would become the head of my household, my knight in shining armor, my rock.
Deryk and I have tried to continue this Twisted Journey with Faith in our back pocket, helping us along the way as we needed it. We have recently learned, that Faith, it doesn't belong in your back pocket...ready to pull out in time of need. It is more of something you need to wear on your feet...an all terrain foot wear mind you, that can take miles and miles of twisting and turning and carrying you wherever your journey may lead.
As many of you know, we have been praying, begging, Christ to expand our family. Once again, I had reached a point where I knew I was broken, unworthy, that everything that I had dreamed of in being a mommy, and raising children to be men and women of Christ was impossible, that the opportunity had slipped though my younger years. Yet after taking a step back I realized, He wouldn't have wired me with that desire, to deprive me of this gift. I had to have Faith that somehow, He was going to allow me to be the Mom that he created me to be. Whether it was for Samantha, from my womb, or someone elses!
12 weeks ago, Christ changed his response to my begging. He dried my tears of sorrow, he took my place of waiting in peace and gave us the biggest surprise of all.
I have been blessed with the best first trimester I could imagine and feel blessed every single day that God is beginning a new life in our family. And allowing me to protect this little one as it grows into the miracle that he or she is intended to be.
Just as God knew the Twisted Journey that Deryk and I would take, he had great and mighty plans for this tiny person. And we are excited to announce that a
FUTURE FABER is due to Arrive December 29, 2013!
Before I formed you in the womb
I knew you, before you were born
I set you apart.
Jer 1:5
So sincerely and beautifully shared. Congratulations and may the Adventure ahead only bring you closer to each other and Joy complete in Gods goodness from above! Love you two.
ReplyDeleteAunt Becky <3