Saturday, February 4, 2012

Faber Home Tour

With Renting a home you face several challenges, at least I do because I want to make everything pretty. So, I had to come up with options that were quickly and easily un-doable.

The first room of the house that I wanted to have done was Samantha's room.

The walls are all a sort of cream color (through the whole house) but with her pink sequin curtails the light comes though giving them a pink look. We were excited about that! On the "Once Upon A Time There Was A Princess..." wall, I have some tissue butterflies that I got at Hobby Lobby last summer at a more than great price! The print was a photograph I took of some roses that Deryk had got me, and with some photoshop magic made it have a pink tint, matted it with some ribbon and slapped it in a frame.

Her favorite features are the flowers growing up from her floor and her reading chair.


In the next picture you see the original inspiration for the room. The floral print sham and comforter at the bottom of the bed. All the colors were pulled from this. I painted wooden letters to have the matching pattern as the bed set. (She did have a twin bed). The light on the wall we found at IKEA. Love that place!


Lastly she has a word collage of words that we think of when we think of Samantha. A Kind, Smart, Fun, Pretty girl. And on the other side a college of photo's all tinted green, blue, hot pink and light pink like the colors in her bed set.

That's pretty much that, the prettiest room of the house! :)



3 comments:

  1. Your made-up words are my fav!! :) hang in there sis, your lazy days are limited, trust that!! Love you, keep your faith and chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that comment was for your previous post :) LOVE Sam's room!!

    ReplyDelete

Change, it is a comin.

So, anyone else feel like maybe they are over all this COVID-19 2020 craziness ? Yeah me too.  This year is three fourths of the way over an...