Saturday, January 28, 2012

Thrilling Thursday

Thursday was Deryk's day off and funny thing about being unemployed, it was my day off too! He made me a spectacular lunch (Jose Peppers, Cheesy Pillows, my favorite!). Five ladies in the booth commented on us sitting next to one another in our booth.
"You guys wanna be that close at lunch?"
"We're newlyweds!" I informed her.
"Ohhh proceed! Enjoy it!"
It amused me. So, I like telling strangers I'm in love. After lunch Deryk took me to see Joyful Noise. I was SO EXCITED! I've been wanting to see it and assumed I would have to wait since I am more that sure it wasn't on his "Top 20 Must See Flicks of the Year". How do you go wrong with music and Queen Latifa in a movie? I mean really? Then add some Dolly Parton and her huge...hair. It was more than entertaining for me to say the least and the Mister was smiling and laughing so I think he enjoyed it a little as well.


At dinner before the Brad Paisley concert, I won tickets to the Wichita Wings (Indoor Soccer) game from The BUZZ Radio Station. We were pretty excited because it was something that we hadn't done together yet...we like new things. The lady at the ticket booth hooked us up. We had GREAT seats, right behind the opposing teams bench. If any of you know my husband and have ever attended ANY sort of sporting event with him...he is a bit of a...how do you say, heckler perhaps. To start the game he caught a soccer ball that is now a trophy of the momentous night.

We were sitting next to season ticket holders, so they were able to educate us on the players, stats, scoring, and important junk like that. I warned that my husband gets a bit...vocal...at these sort of things and the lovely woman  claimed that he would have nothing on her husband...uhh right. Well, lets just say that this game was FAR more fun than we had planned. We both lost our voices (I'm usually not a screamer at such events), managed to see two fights (we thought that only happened in Hockey) and one of the Milwaukee Waves mooned us. Seriously, from the field. Talk about Sportsmanship!

All in all an above average entertaining day. Best part was being out and about with Deryk all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change, it is a comin.

So, anyone else feel like maybe they are over all this COVID-19 2020 craziness ? Yeah me too.  This year is three fourths of the way over an...