Saturday, January 28, 2012

My One True Love

2012 has brought on many changes and new aspects of life for me...and along with that a ton of new challenges for both Deryk and myself. And as much as I like change, and being challenged, the past few weeks have been a bit rough for me, and in turn for my wonderful husband as well.

If you would have asked me 10 years ago if God created one person who was meant to be your "One and Only" I would have said "OF COURSE!"
If you would have asked me 5 years ago, I would have said with less enthusiasm "I think so."
If you would have asked me 2.5 years ago, I would have probably had a bit more cynical response.

Shortly after Deryk and I began dating, I knew that he was THE one, quite frankly, that scared the bageebees (buh-gee-bees) out of me. I had waited so long for My Mister to walk into my life, that it didn't seem like it would really happen. On November 12th when we said "I Do", I knew that I would forever be provided for, forever loved. After a series of unfortunate events, I felt like I had been ran through the wringer. But just as my strength fell several cans of spinach away from me, God would give this man the strength of Popeye, xray vision, and the ability to know just what I need when even I didn't.

Yesterday he came home from work and told me that I was to be dressed for a HOT date by 3PM and there were to be no questions asked and that it was a day about me. I got my hair straight and my bling on and we headed for Sonic Happy Hour followed by 3 hours of just US time...no tv no work, just us...in a car...driving. I was so confused and excited! When we arrived at our destination, I learned that Deryk had a partner in crime...B.Davey, My girl, Ang's husband (angie is one of my besties from college). They surprised us with dinner with each other.

Deryk and Brian = Sneaky



Me and Angie = Happy Wives



Titi and Cheesy Brooklyn

Brooklyn and Her Favorite Deryk

 I saw them come in the door and looked at Deryk with tears in my eyes, "Do I know what you need or what?" he asked. In that moment just before jumping up to squeeze the heck out of Ang, I realized yes, God does create one person just for another. He created one person who when I'm feeling a bit broken and out of sorts will know just what I need to get be back on track. As corny as it is, he completes me. I can handle any challenge that comes my way because I know that "with our powers combined" we can overcome it. I praise God for that. After nearly three hours of driving, and 3 hours of dining, we said our goodbyes and headed the 3 hours home. One of the best dates ever!


With all the excitement we almost forgot to capture Mr & Mrs Faber!


It makes me smile because as I write this blog I reflect back on a conversation I had with my "say it how it is" 4 year old niece before Deryk and I were engaged. She informed me that Deryk and I were going to have a "weddin". I was a bit caught off guard and said "oh really, what makes you think that?" her response is the most accurate yet.

"Because Titi, Deryk is your One True Love."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change, it is a comin.

So, anyone else feel like maybe they are over all this COVID-19 2020 craziness ? Yeah me too.  This year is three fourths of the way over an...