Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weekend With De

As I mentioned, Deann came to spend the weekend with us. We pretty much love her. I think that Deryk was ALMOST as excited that she was coming to visit as I was and after the little endeavors that have been finding their way onto my little journey, I needed the mental health time that she always brings with her!

She arrived on Friday evening, where even through the Loritab, I managed to whip up an amazing Burrito Casserole, a dish famous in our household. I'll post the recipe later this week for you. Its easy peasy. After dinner we had Christmas. This was Deryk's first "Christmas with De" and I'm not sure if he was as ready for the joyousness as he thought he was. Deann always manages to find those gifts that make your heart happy because you know that when she found it she instantly thought of you and giggled as she whipped out her wallet to make the purchase because she knew that it was "THE" gift for you. Usually these items are things that would make NO SENSE if anyone else got them for you.
Deryk got not only this stellar Angry Birds hat but a matching key chain.

For my birthday I got the COOLEST Black Pump (High Heel Shoe) Tape dispenser. So so cool. For Christmas I got all kinds of goodies but the funniest was a tie between the Mustache tattoo's or the Hoops and Yoyo DVD that just so happens I also purchased for her for Christmas. You probably can't tell but it hurt like the dickens to make that classy face for you all.
Hoops and YoYo DVD that we purchased for each other


I know that you are seriously wondering about the mustaches...I don't know that they need much explanation. They are Fingerstaches...tattoos that you place on your finger and hold to your upper lip. Entertainment for people like us, at its finest.
Should you need some of these for your own entertainment you can purchase your own at gamago.com

 Mmmm. Hottie. He's so mine.

 One Feisty looking crew!

There I am...still balloon-faced and all.


Today, we had the BEST pancakes made by mine truly, Deryk. We've met up with my mom and aunt in Derby, went to Newspring this afternoon for a great service and then off to dinner with the Faber Parents at Jose' Pepper's. Now just chillin at the Chateau de Faber in our comfies. More to come about our tomorrow!

Check it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change, it is a comin.

So, anyone else feel like maybe they are over all this COVID-19 2020 craziness ? Yeah me too.  This year is three fourths of the way over an...